Media & PR
Media relations is an important activity for the success of most organisations and a vital element of any public relations (PR) campaign.
Our team has in-depth knowledge of the media in Western Australia and nationally, to ensure that we provide journalists with stories that are timely, interesting and relevant. As corporate affairs and communications specialist we are very experienced in helping a wide range of organisations represent themselves correctly to, and in the media, on specific issues that could impact on their long-term reputation.
Members of the media are used to working with public relations agencies to develop stories or obtain information and content for articles. Our role is to ensure that the relationship between our client and the media runs effectively and smoothly with both sides being able to understand and meet each other’s needs for content, information and tight timeframes.
At the start of any proactive public relations campaign we ensure our clients fully understand the news angles we plan to pursue and leverage our media relationships to provide the best chance of coverage for a potential story. We also provide media training as required.
To assist help our clients get the most from their media relations activity and relationships we will:
- Establish your media goals
- Identify media stories suitable for different publications in print, broadcast and online
- Establish key messages for your organisation
- Create a range of media materials appropriate for working with the media including media statements, Q&As, fact sheets, infographics, fact sheets, images and video
- Build relationships with specific journalists for your organisation
- Organise and manage interviews, and brief executives and Directors
- Identify and work with influencers and bloggers to create content
- Implement media and social monitoring
- Provide media training
Media training is undertaken in Clarity’s training centre which enables us to train executives and Board members in a studio environment with cameras, green screen and lighting facilities to simulate a broadcast environment. Media training sessions can involve group or one-on-one sessions and are usually bespoke for each client, lasting between 2 – 8 hours. You can read more about our media training here.